Sunday, October 4, 2009

Moonlight in Michigan

My final night in Michigan for the next two years is one to remember. I am at my Grandma Ruthie's house at Klinger Lake. The moon is sparkling across the water, reminding me of how much I love my family, my friends and my country.

These past weeks have been a whirlwind. I've been to St. Louis, MO; Houston, TX, Rockford, IL, South Bend, IN... So many people to see and so little time.

This journey began back in February, when I submitted my application to the Peace Corps. It has taken countless hours of preparation to get me to the point where I am right now, hours away from beginning an experience of a lifetime.

Tomorrow I leave from South Bend, Indiana at 12:41p.m. and fly to Chicago, Illinois for a connecting flight to Los Angeles. I will have one day of staging in L.A. and then leave at 11:15p.m. for a direct flight to Apia, Samoa (10hrs. 15mins.)

I am hoping that this blog serves as a way for me to stay in touch with all my family and friends so that they can more fully understand the experiences I have. Feel free to leave comments and stay in touch. I will need your prayers and support.

I am excited to meet my new friends from the Peace Corps, and then the Samoans who I will live with for the next two years. This will be hard work, but it will be good work.
For now, I will say so long. Thanks to all those who have helped get me to this point, and to all those who have made these past few weeks in the United States so special. Goodnight from Michigan!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you little brother! You're an amazing person and you're going to do amazing things in Samoa! I'll definitely miss you, but am so excited that you have this wonderful adventure beginning. Love you, Jenny

    ReplyDelete